Chief People Officer
Human Resources · Flexible - Oxford or Cambridge Temporarily Remote
Doubling our headcount to 100 in the last 18 months was no mean feat. And as we continue our exciting scale-up phase, our headcount growth continues. Scaling-up brings opportunities and challenges - including on the HR front – so adding a Chief People Officer to our executive team now makes great sense.
You’re already an established CPO/VP level HR leader within the wider healthtech/technology/biotechnology space. You’re someone who has a hands-on approach, backed up with a detailed understanding of all the core HR disciplines. Your overall enthusiasm comes from getting stuck in and making things happen, but you’re just as comfortable helping shape the HR strategy too. Having worked in a scale-up environment you recognize that hiring is crucial and you relish being actively involved in this. And you’ve enjoyed working as part of a senior leadership team; a team that has welcomed your advice and support.
Reporting to Peter Donnelly - our CEO - and as part of our Executive Leadership Team, your responsibilities will include:
- Partnering the CEO and the Executive Team members on headcount planning. Reviewing requirements and requests, helping decide where investments and adjustments might be needed;
- Owning our successful headcount growth, our organizational design and approach to recruitment. Delivering c.45 hires per annum, using direct recruiting models and personally owning any senior hires;
- Delivering pragmatic processes and policies around compliance, recruitment, training & development, pay & retention, and performance management;
- Developing and delivering our compensation philosophy, remuneration structure, benefits provision and salary benchmarking exercises;
- Spearheading key projects in management training, retention planning, employer brand / employer value proposition development, and career paths;
- Driving the diversity and inclusion initiatives across our business, ensuring this is front-of-mind across the business including within the Executive Leadership Team;
- Leading activities on organizational structure, based on our vision, goals & objectives, and ensuring it is fit for purpose.
- Leading and managing our HR team. This is currently comprised of two HR Business Partners, an HR Administrator and we’re planning to hire a permanent Recruitment Partner shortly.
To be successful you’ll have all the generalist experience ranging from remuneration planning to development; from recruitment to organizational design; and everything in-between. It’s likely that you honed your HR expertise in a larger company, so you know what best practice looks like. But you’ll have since worked in a smaller organization(s), so understand what works and what doesn’t in company where time and resources are precious. You’ll have experience of making HR processes and systems seamless, enabling you and your team to focus on better partnering the business.
Joining a highly data driven business, you’ll need experience of producing analytics to help decision making, particularly around remuneration and planning. We’re passionate about being a beacon of diversity and inclusion so you’ll need experience of delivering programs that have achieved that. And finally, given our continued growth, we’ll have much specialist hiring to do – we know not everyone in HR loves that, but you’ll need to!
So, if you think you’ve got that combination of pragmatic and business led HR experience at a senior level coupled with a can-do attitude, then we’d be delighted to hear from you.
Genomics plc welcomes applications from all candidates irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, veteran status, or marital or civil partnership status.