We’re rightly proud of our pioneering science; science that could change global healthcare. Adding a seasoned General Counsel to the expertise of our existing in-house legal team will help ensure we succeed, and driving that success is at the heart of who we are. With our products being commercialised in the UK and the US, there is a great breadth of legal, regulatory and compliance aspects to manage – which is where you fit in.
You’re a well-established internal GC or senior legal executive, ideally with a background in life sciences or biotech. Regardless you’ll certainly have experience of working in a highly-regulated environment – much more so than in many commercial legal roles. What sets you apart is your ability to operate seamlessly with other specialists, and to take complex subjects and distil the right level of detail so others can make informed decisions. And, finally, you’ve a track record of making things happen with the foresight to know what risks and opportunities may lie ahead, planning for those but without being distracted by them.
Reporting to Daniel Vogel – our CFO – your key responsibilities will include:
- Partnering with our executive leadership team to understand the priorities and goals, trends in our business, and other issues facing both our employees and business.
- Providing legal advice on business strategies, tactical plan development and implementation, and other business issues, including development of legal assessments and solutions-oriented risk mitigation strategies.
- Counseling on appropriate relationships with healthcare professionals, patients, managed care entities, academic institutions, and government entities.
- Advising on commercial and intellectual property litigation; employment law, competition law and company-wide regulatory compliance.
- Owning the strategy, implementation and enforcement of our intellectual property portfolio, including freedom to operate analyses, and infringement and validity analyses, including mitigation strategies.
- Managing all aspects of, and negotiating from, key commercial contracts, regulatory agreements, master service, and consulting agreements, licensing and research collaborations, litigation management, intellectual property protection, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and other strategic alliances and investments.
- Providing legal guidance and support to our Board of Directors as Company Secretary
- Managing and mitigating legal risks by overseeing the design and implementation of company policies and procedures.
- Collaborating with our Commercial and the Medical Affairs teams regarding communications with customers and media as it pertains to any potential litigation.
- Overseeing all legal aspects related to corporate actions, funding rounds and due diligence.
- Guiding and managing our growing and seasoned in-house legal team.
To be successful you’ll need to be able to show your expertise on everything from regulatory work to commercial negotiations, from corporate actions to data privacy and IP, and everything in-between, and ideally on an international scale – particularly in the US. If you’ve worked in life-sciences you’ll be used to dealing with organizations like the FDA, EMA and MHRA – if you haven’t, you’ll need to show that you’ve rapidly picked up similar knowledge and expertise. And finally, you’re someone who makes things happen on time and can guide both your own team and cross-functional teams to do the same.
This is huge opportunity to make a difference, not just to our business, but to the healthcare of many millions of people. If you think you can bring your pragmatic legal expertise to that, then we’d be delighted to hear from you.
Genomics plc welcomes applications from all candidates irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, veteran status, religion or belief, or marital or civil partnership status