Precision Health - Engineering · Cambridge, Oxford
Would you like to build a life-changing digital health platform? Can you work with technology and people to help deliver high quality software products? Can you create automated test cases and frameworks for data-centric cloud based applications?
Genomics plc is developing a ground-breaking digital health platform that generates actionable information on an individual's risk for common diseases based on their DNA. Our platform gives healthcare professionals and individuals insights from complex genomic data that enables them to be proactive and make life-changing decisions to manage their health.
What you’ll be doing
Here at Genomics plc you’ll be part of our team building a digital health platform that will impact people's lives and their long term health. The services we are building enable people to understand their risk of common life changing diseases and make decisions with healthcare professionals to take actions that will improve their health outcomes.
As a Test Engineer working in Precision Health Engineering you will work in Scrum teams to deliver high-quality, transformational digital health products. You will also create new test frameworks and develop new test cases, and automate end-to-end testing of our digital health platform, while also striving to ensure that the products and services we release are safe, robust, usable, secure and performant.
The team you’ll join is building a scalable cloud-based platform and web applications that will operate on AWS - we are building Dockerised Python and Node.js services with a React frontend, with deployment being automated using Terraform and Ansible for the AWS cloud.
Working across the full stack and across the breadth of our applications you’ll be testing all layers from database to User Interface. All of this will be supported by a brilliant, fun-loving team that values respect, team working, learning, exploring, pragmatic problem solving and finding the right solutions and technologies for the job.
Working in Precision Health Engineering will give you the opportunity to bring technology into the world that impacts the lives of millions of people.
- Build and maintain automated test infrastructure in CI pipelines.
- Identify, develop and run automated test cases.
- Perform exploratory and manual testing.
- Assist in the creation of high quality, testable requirements.
- Work closely with developers to discover, analyse and resolve defects.
- Champion quality in a scrum team and influence the behaviours and practices of the engineers you’ll be working with.
- Ensure all software has been tested according to our Quality Management System.
You’ll be passionate about building products that make a real difference to people. You’ll enjoy working in a software development team and automating the testing of data-centric web applications. You thrive in a team that works together to solve complex problems. You’re curious and creative in working with platforms and systems and how to test them. Finally, you are pragmatic in your approach to testing and the creation of appropriate solutions to drive the quality of software.
Need to have:
- Experience of testing cloud based applications and supporting infrastructure.
- Developed test automation infrastructure and built new ones from scratch.
- Knowledge of a variety of testing tools and approaches.
- Experience of working in agile software teams.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to describe complex ideas to a range of audiences.
- Ability to write clear and concise test plans, test cases, test reports and bug reports.
Nice to have:
- Previous experience of testing in a medical device context, including inside an ISO 13485 framework.
- Genomics or Bioinformatics knowledge.
- Experience of working with databases including SQL.
- Experience of managing large datasets for testing complex data-centric applications.
Sounds interesting? Want to learn more? That would be great! Get in touch with a CV and tell us a bit about yourself. It’d be great to get to know about you and what it would be like to work with you.
Genomics plc is dedicated to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.