Precision Health - Product · Oxford, Cambridge
We are seeking a Programme Director for our newly formed Precision Health Division. You will be excited by taking responsibility for the delivery of one or more patent facing clinical programmes in the USA or UK. Feeling comfortable in a fast-moving environment you enjoy juggling many responsibilities on tight deadlines. You know how to communicate with a variety of colleagues and in a conversation are able to quickly understand and address the core issues. You will report directly to the General Manager Precision Health. The position is located in either our Oxford or Cambridge office.
- End-to-end ownership of the delivery of 1-2 clinical programmes in the UK and/or USA. Accountable for the successful delivery of solutions to customers and performance against delivery targets / milestones.
- Working jointly with the Product Manager, lead / coordinate the activities of delivery teams (e.g., product, engineering, supply chain, clinical/medical) to ensure that Genomics delivers high quality products to customers on-time and budget.
- Identify critical issues and risks, and work collaboratively with others to propose solutions to complex and often interconnected issues.
- Prepare internal and external communications on programme status (e.g., for the board, customer meetings).
- Relevant operational experience in a relevant role within healthcare (e.g., Programme Director, Chief of Staff, Deployment Lead, Product Manager).
- Track record of successfully delivering complex, multi-disciplinary programmes working collaboratively with customers, suppliers, and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to operate autonomously, using judgement to make substantial progress in line with company strategy, priorities and objectives without substantial management / oversight.
- Lead large cross-functional teams in a matrix environment without formal authority.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to listen and summarise; ability to synthesise complex thoughts and ideas on slides and text documents; ability to broker interests of several internal functions.
- Be comfortable “rolling up sleeves”, undertaking a variety of responsibilities and tasks it entails; enthusiastic about shaping this role; able to work independently while contributing to a number of different teams
- Substantial experience in a commercial setting
- Experience in high-growth venture backed companies
- BSc or a higher degree in a scientific, medical or economics discipline
- Knowledge of genetics, molecular technologies (genotyping, sequencing), its applications.
Genomics plc welcomes applications from all candidates irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, veteran status, or marital or civil partnership status.