Therapeutics · Cambridge
Senior Scientist: Complex disease genetics
We are seeking a senior scientist to join our Therapeutics Research Team. The goal of this team is to deliver novel therapeutics to improve the lives of people with serious disease.
Our core technology provides a deep understanding of the biological basis of disease to enable a more precise and accurate identification of drug targets and a more precise identification of patients in the selection and development of clinical trials.
The role will complement the existing expertise in the Therapeutics Research Team exploiting Genomics’ unparalleled core technology and will be responsible for helping identify novel therapeutics targets that are supported by biological insights from human genetics and functional genomics datasets.
The post holder will be responsible for:
- Statistical analysis of association genetics and genomics data from our existing database and from newly available resources. Examples could include meta analysis of multiple traits and statistical fine-mapping.
- Developing new tools and pipelines to facilitate and integration of association genetics signals with functional annotation. The goal of this work will be to facilitate biological mechanisms underlying risk at individual candidate targets, and genomewide
- Identification of novel published data sets for integration into our existing database
- Implementation and benchmarking of existing statistical and machine learning methods for integration of functional and association genetic data sets
- Regular team and company wide presentations of new research findings
- Collaboration to improve existing software and methods developed internally
- A PhD in statistical and/or population genetics.
- Experience analysing GWAS, exome or whole-genome datasets
- Experience in standard and advanced statistical approaches and modern computational tools.
- The ability to effectively summarize and visualize datasets to identify patterns, signals, or potential biases.
- Experience in a high performance compute environment and with modern statistical software (R or similar) and programming languages (Python or similar)
- Experience of the use of genetics and genomics data in drug target discovery
- Familiarity with modern functional genomics approaches, including single cell omics, CRISPR or epigenomics
- Familiarity with software version control and experience working in a collaborative coding environment
In return we offer:
- The opportunity to work alongside talented colleagues in an enthusiastic company that combines cutting-edge science with commercial delivery.
- A focus on rapid commercial translation (independently and with our partners), so our work improves people’s lives.
- Access to amazing data – you will work with one of the largest and fastest-growing genotype-phenotype databases in the world.
- Dedicated time for hacking on blue sky projects and research.
Genomics plc welcomes applications from all candidates irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, or marital or civil partnership status.